Procurement and Quality Control for LESER GmbH & Co. KG
With more than 800 employees LESER is the No. 1 manufacturer of safety valves in Europe as well as a leading player in its industry worldwide. LESER safety valves are developed in Hamburg for the international market and produced in the modern plant in Hohenwestedt. Leading companies in industries like chemical, petrochemical, industrial gas, oil and gas production, mechanical engineering as well as food and pharmaceutical industry rely on LESER safety valves.
Since 2012 LESER has been supported by FE China for the purchasing of precision casting. Thereby FE carries out following tasks locally:
- selection of suitable precision casting suppliers as well as on-site visits together with LESER representatives
- compilation of supplier audits on-site incl. detailed audit reports
- negotiation of prices and terms of delivery with suppliers
- translation and exchange of technical documents, drawings, quality standards etc. between the suppliers and LESER
- pre-discussion as well as active follow-up and performance test of first sample orders
- close supervision of series production incl. monitoring of deadlines and quality control in accordance with the LESER guidelines
- organization of shipment and the required documents of delivery
- permanent analysis and quality adjustments based on the CAPA concept
Early 2015 the Director Procurement & Quality Management of FE has visited the main plant of LESER in Hohenwestedt and has been trained for several days, in particular about the main criteria of quality control. The purchasing of precision casting by LESER in China is developing positively and the numbers of products and sizes are increasing.